Super bonus 110%: Unique opportunity to rehabilitate the house in Italy at the expense of the State
the legislative decree "Rilancio" (Legislative Decree No. 34 of 19
May 2020, converted into Law No. 77 and published in the Gazzetta Ufficiale of
18 July), the Italian government has launched a super bonus. For energy
renovation works carried out between 1 July 2020 and 31 December 2021, a tax
reduction of 110% will be granted. The prerequisite is an increase in the
energy class of the building by at least two levels, whereby the installation
of photovoltaic systems and charging stations for electric vehicles are also
taken into account.
The super bonus introduced by the Italian government was also explained in a guide by the Revenue Agency with numerous practical case studies (see below... https://www.agenziaentrate. gov.it/portale/documents/20143/233439/Guida_ Superbonus110.pdf/49b34dd3-429e-6891-4af4- c0f0b9f2be69).
The super bonus is recognised at 110 per cent of the cost, distributed among beneficiaries in five equal annual instalments. The bonus can be claimed for proven expenditure incurred from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2021 at the expense of the applicant for construction works on common parts of condominiums, independent real estate and individual real estate units (up to a maximum of two). On the other hand, it cannot be claimed for interventions on residential units in property categories A1 (stately home), A8 (country houses) and A9 (castles).
Who can claim the super bonus?
- Natural persons for construction measures in individual real estate units up to a maximum of two real estate units per owner;
- Condominium owners' associations for all works on common areas, for example: Thermal insulation of the outer façade, installation or replacement of the heating system;
- People's Housing Institute IACP (Istituto Autonomo Case Popolari),housing cooperatives with undivided ownership;
- Third sector bodies registered in public registers: ONLUS, voluntary organisations, associations for the promotion of the community APS (Associazioni di Promozione Sociale);
- Amateur sports associations and clubs (for work on properties used as changing rooms).
How to benefit from the super bonus: There are the options of deduction, assignment and reduction
- Deduction of the tax credit directly via the tax return over a period of 5 years;
- Assignment of the tax credit to third parties, including banks;
- Invoice discount from the company carrying out the work related to the super bonus of up to 100% of the amount of the measures including VAT. In this case, it is the executing company that can use the tax credit directly over a period of 5 years or assign it to third parties, including banks.